Career Speed Mentoring (2)
“Your Career Advancement with ECCAO” program is dedicated for professional development. Program information: http://eccao.com/programs/
6:15pm Participants arrive, get a number
6:30pm Welcome and overview on the program
6:45pm “The rocky road to success” by Mike Gifford
7:05pm “The science of job hunting – how to successfully structure your job search” by Ahmed Zayed
7:30pm Questions period
7:40pm Panel: The bridge between education and career
8:40pm Networking period
9:15pm ECCAO & closing remarks
Panel: The bridge between education and career
– A deep dive into each mentor career trajectory followed by interaction with the participants through Q&A. The panel will be moderated by Amany Alhadka
– $5 + Pizza on us! (please bring cash)
– Free for ECCAO members* who paid 2020 membership fees)
Location: Hintonburg Community Centre (Wellington Room)
* ECCAO membership information: http://eccao.com/membership/become-member/
– I am seeking career advice:
– I would like to give career advice and/or be a mentor:
TOPICS AND GUEST SPEAKERS:
1) “The rocky road to success” by Mike Gifford.
– Mike’s path to establishing his IT consultancy company was never easy. In this session, Mike will share with us the challenges he had faced and his secrets of success that can apply to any business and any start up!
Bio: Mike Gifford is the CEO and founder of OpenConcept Consulting Inc. For almost 20 years, he has worked to shape open source software and the communities around him. Mike started his company because he wanted to make a bigger impact. In 2013, OpenConcept became a Certified B Corporation.
2) “The science of job hunting – how to successfully structure your job search” by Ahmed Zayed
– In this session, Mr. Zayed will share effective strategies that can be used when looking for a job. Furthermore, he will highlight key elements that one can use to measure his/her performance during the job hunting journey.
Bio: Ahmed Zayed is a Senior Project Manager at Microsoft Canada. He has an extensive experience working with teams in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector in which he took part of hiring individuals and is passionate about helping others to apply project management skills to their job search.
HOW SPEED MENTORING WORKS:
A time to connect with different mentors based on your field and area of interest. After being assigned to a table, you will remain seated and mentors will move between tables for a period of time to answer questions. The final list of mentors and their bios will be determined based on the registered mentees and attendees of the event.
FIELDS OF MENTORING & MENTORS PROFILES:
Rana Awada [Career in Academia vs. Industry] [Computer Science]
– Rana is a Quality Assurance team lead at the Privy Council Office
She started her career year 2011, at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. She received incremental experience there in IMIT over five years, starting from development to leading projects, mainly in the area of Business Intelligence and Analytics. Rana complements her applied experience with a solid academic background, as she received a PhD in computer science from the University of Ottawa.
Mostafa El Sayed [Career in Academia vs. Industry] [Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering]
– Mostafa is a member of the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Carleton University. He received his Ph.D. (2010) from McGill University. Mostafa is a former Aircraft Loads Engineering Specialist at Bombardier Aerospace.
Hassan Hamdan [Communication, Marketing and Digital Media]
– Communications expert with over 25,000 hours (10+ years) of experience in the field. Currently a Manager, Social Media and Digital Communications at NAV CANADA. Experienced in brand development, digital marketing, copywriting, strategic communications and media production. I’m passionate about telling stories, growing audiences, and influencing behaviours for good.
Ahmed Zayed [IT Project Management]
Ahmed is a Senior Project Manager at Microsoft Canada. He has an extensive experience working with teams in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector in which he took part of hiring individuals.
Ali Salaheddin [Computer Engineering]
– Ali has 8 years experience in Software Development along with experience in OOP and embedded systems development, and a strong background in C/C++ and Java.
Sameh Rabie [Telecommunication & Artificial Intelligence]
– Sameh is a Ph.D holder from McGill University in Telecommunication. He is a telecommunication expert. His expertise is in the fields of networking, telecommunication and artificial Intelligence. He is currently a consultant to US and Canadian companies.
Amany Alhadka [Mentoring Panel Moderator]
– Amany is a senior operations executive who worked in a number of Non for Profit Organizations including Misr Elkhair Foundation in Egypt, CARE Canada, Equality Fund and Prospera the International Network of Women’s Fund.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Every great achiever is inspired by a great mentor!