- Sep 12 2021
- All Day
Apple Picking & Picnic Trip @ Verger Saab in Oka, QC (Cash only)
As summer winds down, the u-pick fruits season starts!
ECCAO would like to invite adults and children to spend the day at “Verger Saab” for an unforgettable u-pick apple experience & enjoyable time in the orchid while taking precautionary measures of COVID-19 through the day. On our way back, participants may decide to drive via the Hudson Oka Ferry to enjoy the Ottawa River water view.
DATE AND TIME:
Sunday, September 12 @9am-6:00pm
The orchid service is based on first come, first serve, cash only. The per-registration is required so that we can better plan for the event. To register fill the pre-registration form no later than Saturday Sept 11 @3pm https://forms.gle/9C8WncFtFXVGH7PP8
29 Rang Sainte-Sophie
J0N 1E0 Oka , Quebec
Driving Direction (2hrs drive via highway 50 E): https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Verger+Saab
(Going vis 50E and on our way back, we will drive via the Hudson Oka Ferry to enjoy the Ottawa River water view then HWY 417)
~ Around 9am or depending on your location, take the road 50 E to Verger Saab
– 11:00am Meet at Verger Saab picnic area & make food order
– 11:30am Line up for the picking truck to go to the field & apple/fruit picking
– 01:45pm Gather at picnic area for late lunch
– 03:30pm Playtime (Animal farm, children playground, soccer and frisbee) & store shopping
– 05:30pm Return home (optional via Hudson Oka Ferry https://goo.gl/maps/AdF975vrAGKzMtBD9 followed by TransCanada highway 417)
WHAT TO EXPECT @VERGER SAAB
Located in Oka, QC, the orchid is an enjoyable place to spend the day with friends and family. Saab consists of an u-pick fruits orchid, small animals farm, min-soccer yard, a children playground, store selling natural flavoured soaps and honey and vinegar and a large picnic area and food.
Food @ Verger Saab (Halal & pay in cash):
Buy your lunch from the orchid or bring your own food, drinks, water if you wish. We eat at the picnic area with social distance.
The orchid food kiosk offers a variety of food:
– Fresh Lebanese manakeesh bakeries (Meat, cheese, zaatar & spinach)
– Pizza (cheese & vegetarian)
– Trio burgers (chicken & meat) and hotdogs with potatoes and pepsi
– Poutine and corn
– Deserts: Apple pie, cotton candy, ice cream and fresh apple juice
Fruits picking @ Saab ($20/bag 8kg – pay in cash)
Buy your own empty bag or share it with a friend.
Picking trucks come regularly through the day to take clients from the picnic area to the orchid pickup field.
The Quebec vaccine passport or proof of vaccination are NOT required to enter or get service at Verger Saab on the event day. We ask everyone to respect the Quebec provincial government regulations .
If you feel sick, you are not to attend the event.
We look forward to seeing as many of you for an unforgettable u-Pick experience 😉