CANCELLED – Apple Picking & Picnic Trip @ Verger Saab (Oka, QC)
This event is cancelled. The Verger Saab called on Monday 21 to inform us that they are sold out and will close on Sunday. No more apples to pick from the trees.
As summer winds down, the u-pick fruits season starts!
ECCAO would like to invite adults and children to spend the day at “Verger Saab” for an unforgettable u-pick fruits experience & enjoyable time in the orchid while taking precautionary measures of COVID-19 through the day. On our way back, participants may decide to drive via the Hudson Oka Ferry to enjoy the Ottawa River water view.
Sunday, September 27 @9am-6:00pm
To register fill the pre-registration form no later than Saturday Sept 26 @12pm https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfsevAg_BH_JG9Tx4DJLi7tba2vLNqTw9EPcwX78CfVogh9Mw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0&gxids=7757
* The orchid service is based on first come, first serve. The per-registration is required so that we can better plan for the event.
What to Expect @Verger Saab
Located in Oka, QC, the orchid is an enjoyable place to spend the day with friends and family. Saab consists of an u-pick fruits orchid, small animals farm, min-soccer yard, a children playground, store selling natural flavoured soaps and honey and vinegar and a large picnic area. Verger Saab food kiosk offers a selection of fresh Lebanese bakeries e.g. manakeesh, pizza, as well as burgers/hotdogs, poutine and corn. They also have cotton candy and ice cream. (Meat is halal) (Pay in cash)
*You can bring your own lunch/dinner, drinks, water if you wish. We eat at the picnic area with social distancing.
Fruits picking @ Saab ($20/bag 8kg – pay in cash)
-Buy your own empty bag or share it with a friend.
Trucks come regularly through the day to take clients from the picnic area to the orchid pickup field.
– Check Verger Saab facebook page on Thursday before the event to get updates on the variety of apples and other fruits available to pick.
- ~ Around 9am or depending on your location, take the road 50 E to Verger Saab
- -11:00am Meet at Verger Saab picnic area & line up for the picking truck
- – 11:30am Apple/fruit picking
- – 01:30pm Gather at picnic area for lunch
- – 03:00pm Play time (Animal farm, children playground, soccer and frisby)
- – 04:00pm Return home (optional via Hudson Oka Ferry https://goo.gl/maps/AdF975vrAGKzMtBD9 followed by TransCanada highway 417)
We ask everyone to respect the Quebec provincial government regulations https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/gatherings-events-covid19/
COVID-19 health screening questionnaire
- Have you been out of the country in the last two weeks?
- Over the past 14 days, have you been exposed to anyone with a positive COVID-19 test or been with anyone who is currently self-isolating?
- Are you suffering from any respiratory symptoms? New or worsening cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you been suffering from fever, chills, sore throat, or runny nose* or nasal congestion*? (* in the absence of underlying reason for these symptoms such as seasonal allergies and post-nasal drip)
- Do you have any gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, you are not to participate in the event, and you should follow up as recommended by the appropriate authorities.
We look forward to seeing as many of you for an unforgettable u-Pick experience 🙂